Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meet our Runners: Eva Penzeymoog



What motivated you to run for CAASE this year? 
I wanted to run a race, and I wanted to fundraise for a good organization. When I received the email from CAASE asking for runners, I immediately signed up. I learned about CAASE through my rape crisis counselor training at Rape Victim Advocates, and they became one of my favorite organizations in Chicago.  

What has been the greatest challenge so far? 
Getting past the mid-level hump of 6 or 7 miles has been difficult - but running for a cause that I really believe in has helped to keep me motivated to keep pushing!
 
How does it feel being part of the CAASE team? 
Being on the CAASE team is great. Raising funds for such an important organization is something I'm extremely proud to be a part of. I love that my friends and family have stepped up and donated money to an organization whose work I believe in so deeply. The fact that all I have to do is train to be a better athlete and increase my fitness makes being on the team a win-win. 

Did you ever run a marathon before?  
I ran one half marathon about 6 years ago. Getting mono shortly afterwards kept me from doing anything too intense for a long time. I'm very grateful that an organization I believe in came along with the opportunity to raise funds through a race so that I would be motivated to get back into more serious running! 

Why do you think people should support the Race for CAASE? 
People should support the Race for CAASE because CAASE does a lot for survivors of sexual assault, and everyone who is committed to ending rape and supporting survivors should donate to the Race for CAASE. 

Help Eva reach her fundraising goal by visiting her Race for CAASE page. Support our other runners by visiting our full team list.  


Many thanks to our generous sponsors!

Challenger Sponsor: 

www.nfholdings.com







Frontrunner Sponsors:  
                                    
www.kfplegal.com
www.alexandermoverschicago.com




No comments:

Post a Comment